November in Review
My lovely birthday gifts: A sloth hot-water bottle, boxing gloves, ears muffs, notebook and teacup :)
Hey guys! It’s been a long while since I last did a wrap up, so here are this month’s highlights :)
- I turned 27 on the 28th of November - although I still have the mentality of a teenager, just maybe a couple more grey hairs lol. You can see my wonderful birthday presents featured above, courtesy of the other half. And yes, those are pink boxing gloves!
- I handed in my notice at work. I’m thrilled to say that come March 1st I will be quitting my job here in China, and will be moving back home back to England! After four years away its time to throw in the towel. I’m super excited for this, not only because I plan to spend at least a few months blissfully unemployed, but I’ll be back just in time for easter :) Bring on the cadburys!
- NaNoWriMo was an epic failure this year! I managed a grand total of 6000 words, which is less than what I would usually write in a month anyway! But hey ho - that puts my current WIP at around 25K. Even slow progress is progress…
- I also tried making pulled pork for the first time and it turned out beautiful. So easy, so tasty, SO will be making this again soon.
Books Read and Reviewed
- The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart by Stephanie Burgis - 5 stars!
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead - 2.5 stars (readable but longwinded)
- A Girl Called Owl by Amy Wilson - 4 stars!
- The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles - 3 stars! (Too much instant love)
- The Secret City by C.J. Daugherty and Carina Rozenfeld - 4 stars!
- A World Without Princes by Soman Chainani - 4 stars!
- Pax by Sara Penny Packer - 3 stars! (Loved, but didn't like the ending)
- Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard - 4.5stars!
- Wendy Darling: Seas by Colleen Oakes - 4 stars!
So I always have a few book on the go at once, although I didn't actually realise quite how many until I wrote this list though. Also don't be surprised if you see me still “Currently reading” them next month too… Books are picked up based on my mood swings, and some book have literally taken me years to finish!
- The Road to Ever After by Moria Young
- A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
- Moon chosen by P.C Cast
- Fearsome Dreamer by Laura Eve
- Lorali by Laura Dockrill
And that wraps up my November. How was your month?